Foot and Ankle Evaluations and Repair
Issues related to the foot and ankle are often complex because there are so many bones, blood vessels, nerves, and ligaments conjoined together in a small area. The foot contains more than 26 bones, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles, and 33 joints. Even a small injury or misalignment can cause a variety of issues in other parts of your body. Therefore, if you’re suffering from chronic foot and ankle pain or injury, it is essential to consult a fellowship-trained foot and ankle specialist.
Chronic foot pain, acute foot injuries, and loss of function in the ankles or feet can become a significant obstacle. At Valley Orthopaedic Specialists, we are dedicated to resolving the issue and helping your body get back to feeling normal. Meeting with a foot and ankle specialist at our office is the first step in resolving pain and improving function, so you can get back to living your life pain-free.
Common Conditions Treated
Our certified Pedorthist are skilled in treating a variety of different foot and ankle conditions and injuries. Some of the common conditions we treat include:
- Sports Injuries – Ankle pain experienced when running or engaging in other high-intensity activities can impact your athletic performance. Ankle and foot injuries are common in sports like football, baseball, soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, basketball, martial arts, and more.
- Breaks and Fractures – Car accidents, falls, and other traumas may result in broken or fractured bones in the foot or ankle.
- Sprains – With so many ligaments in the foot and ankle area, sprains can mean a difficult recovery. Sprains often hide the symptoms of fractures or breaks and often have to be evaluated further.
Additional conditions treated include:
- Flat feet
- Heel spurs
- Foot deformities
Treatments Provided by Our Certified Food and Ankle Specialist
Our physicians at Valley Orthopaedic Specialists offer a variety of different treatments to resolve chronic foot and ankle pain, as well as acute injuries. Treatments may include:
- Custom Orthotics and Braces – Foot orthotics help align the ankle and foot into an anatomically efficient position. They help correct foot imbalances, realigning the foot to reduce chronic pain.
- Splints or Casts – For breaks and fractures, splints or casts may be used to limit mobility and protect the area as the bone mends.
- Physical Therapy – This is often used alone or with other treatment options to address foot and ankle problems and help patients return to their normal activities.
- Foot Surgery – While our experienced specialists always try to use the least-invasive treatment methods possible, sometimes foot or ankle surgery may be required to reset bones for severe fractures or breaks or to correct other conditions.
Valley Orthopaedic Specialist CT — Make an Appointment
If you have been suffering from chronic foot pain, inner ankle pain, or you’ve sustained an injury to the foot or ankle, our specialists can help. We will work with you to diagnose your condition and come up with a customized treatment plan. Contact Valley Orthopaedic Specialists today to set up your appointment at one of our Connecticut offices.